In clinical today we had a man come in who needed to provide us with a urine specimen. Being an older gentleman who had difficulty transferring we helped him to the bathroom. We meaning 3 nurses sat there waiting for a little auditory confirmation of urination. Nothing happened. We flushed the toilet, ran the water, made water sounds, etc. NOTHING came! Then we waited and he attempted again. This time he gave us a good sized urine sample, but we had a feeling something more was up. We scanned his bladder. The reading said it still had about 750cc of fluid. I cathed him and out came 750cc, but that's not all...plus another 150cc. This means that man had over a liter of urine in his bladder!! OUCH!! If that doesn't make ya wanna go to the bathroom right now I'm not so sure what does! I'll never think of the pee pee dance the same. 


No comments:
Post a Comment