My Sunday started out like every other Sunday morning. Matt picked me up late to head to ward council. In Ward Council Bishop mentioned Priesthood and Relief Society would be combined. Matt had already mentioned this to me earlier in the week and told me he'd teach the lesson. I kinda laughed knowing the lesson was on Temple Ordinances and Blessings of the Temple, but agreed.
So we went through the rest of the day with no clues nothing incredibly unusual. Chad, Bailey, and Gabi came under the pretense that Tyson was giving his farewell talk. I simply thought nothing of it. Then during our combined lesson. Matt had handed out scriptures for people to read and gave me Genesis 2:18. I look it up and laughed thinking he was trying to be funny by having me read it. 
When it was just about my turn to read the scripture. I get a little tap on my shoulder from Bishop. He pulls me into the hall to "talk" about Relief Society stuff. I kept thinking ok why now...couldn't this wait? Then we go back in and I sit down. Matt asks me to read the scripture. I open the scriptures in front of me still oblivious mind you. The page is bookmarked with a drawing of two people getting married. The scripture highlighted and in the margin it read, "Will you marry me?" I sat staring at the page silently. With some nudging and Matt encouraging me to go on and read the scripture. I read it. Then he asked me to read the margin. I read it and he said as he was getting on one knee, "So, will you marry me?" As he slipped a little CTR ring onto my finger. I proclaimed, "YES!" He explained that my ring was being custom made and hadn't quite arrived yet. Everyone clapped and laughed. Then I closed the scriptures and noticed embossed on the cover "Cyndal Noble". I was so surpised! The perfect proposal! One you may think occured on a campus such as BYU-I, but no it happened at ISU! No better way for the Relief Society President and the Elder's Quorum President to get engaged..don't cha think?
We're getting sealed in the Logan Temple on August 14th!!

6 comments:
Haha! I LOVE it!!
Congrats. That is so exciting. What a fun proposal!
Oh...how sweet! I wish we had been there to see that. That was SO creative. I think you are both just perfect for each other! Congratulations. Can't wait to see you on the big day.
It was so fun to be there just to see it :)
How cute!!! Congratulations Cyndal!!!
Woo hoo!! Congrats Cyndal!
Post a Comment